Please check your email so that I can get shipping information from you. Also, I need to buy stamps. Ha!
– Some of you have probably noticed that I turned off the Kontera text ads. I gave them a shot for a couple of weeks, but I found them to be annoying and the ads they brought up were mostly irrelevant. Hopefully I can get on another ad network shortly.
– I have some Amazon spots on the site. A few of you have used them already and I thank you for that! Basically how it works if that if you click on the Amazon spots, I get a tiny cut of the sale. The good part is that they’re good for most products you buy on Amazon, not just the product specified in the ad. Please keep this in mind for your future Amazon purchases, whether you’re buying yourself a game or buying someone a holiday gift. Maybe I’ll get lucky and one of you will buy a dozen television through my Amazon links. Ha!
– RPad.tv has its first contest! N8R, Sandrock323, and Iceman have already won prizes. The latest winner is SlickyFats for this comment. I’ll email you shortly to get a mailing address for your prize.
To celebrate RPad.tv’s first month of existence, I’m kicking off a little contest. All you have to do is keep writing comments and you’ll have a chance to win an RPad.tv refrigerator magnet. Yeah, it’s not the best prize in the world, but I have a bunch of them to give away and I wanted to say thanks to everyone that’s helped the site get this far. Besides, if you’re on a diet then seeing my face on your refrigerator should help you out.
Here’s how the contest works:
Hey guys, I’m heading to San Francisco shortly to attend my friend’s memorial service. I’ll be checking in when I can, either via BlackBerry or late tonight when I’m settled in. Help yourself to anything in the fridge and be sure to turn the lights off before you go.
I have two housekeeping items for you today.
1) You’ll notice some blue links with double underlines throughout the site. I’m experimenting with an ad company while my traditional ads get sorted out. If you think these in-article ads are too obtrusive and/or annoying, please leave a comment here.
2) I’m also thinking of changing the layout of the site. Currently, I like that you can see most or all of an article on each index page. However, things can get pretty long and articles towards the bottom of the page might get ignored. Would you dig a layout similar to a category page? It would keep the index shorter and you’d get a better snapshot of the day. The downer (for you) is that you’d have to do a little bit more clicking. Let me know!
Ah, it’s Sunday — while most of my pals are watching NFL games, I’m still coming down from last night’s amazing win by the NY Yankees and figuring out ways to increase site traffic. Since Sunday is a fresh start, I wanted to go over some housekeeping items and give you some factoids on RPad.tv’s first week.
– I was genuinely surprised by the traffic and the amount of comments — like really, truly surprised. Big thanks to everyone that visited and supported the site in the last week. It’s not yet something I can make a living with yet, but with your continued support, some steady growth, and a bit of good luck, who knows?!? For now, I wanted to make sure y’all know how grateful I am for your visits.
– Anyone have any recommendations for an all-in-one printer? My priorities are printing documents and scanning, but I’d like to print photos every now and then too. Right now I’m looking at the Canon MP980 and the Epson NX515, but I haven’t done a ton of research yet.
Since interaction is a big part of the RPad.tv experience (not to be confused with the Jimi Hendrix Experience), I wanted to get your input for some of the interviews I’ll be conducting in the future. If I use your question, you’ll get credit when the interview runs.
I plan on interviewing a game developer that was the top guy behind a very successful console-gaming franchise. He recently switched over to iPhone development, as he views it as an exciting new market with lots of great creative possibilities.
What would you ask this man?
A few of you have been wondering how avatars work in the comments section. The blog uses the Gravatar system. If you have a Gravatar account, you can use any avatar you wish. When you make a comment here, be sure to use the same email address associated with your Gravatar account. That will make it so that everyone can see your awesome customized avatar. If you don’t use Gravatar, you get some funky monster that’s based off of your IP address.
Feel free to leave a comment with your custom avatar hotness!