– I’m finally done with my “pay the bills” projects! One was charismatic and one was awesome. *snicker* The good news is that I’ll be able to sleep for more than four hours a night and next week I’ll be able to focus more time on the site.
– I hope the rain doesn’t drown out the Yankee game tonight. I’m kind of bummed that it won’t be Yankees/Dodgers in the World Series. That would have been a nice story — Joe Torre and Don Mattingly taking on their old team.
– John Morrison’s Starship Pain is such an awesome move. I love watching him perform it. That and Evan Bourne’s shooting star press are currently my two favorite finishers in WWE.
– I’m thrilled that Nigel McGuiness is getting a big push in TNA, but his new name (Desmond Wolfe) is stupid. Another brilliant idea from Vince Russo. Oy.
My buddy Jon Robinson at ESPN has a fantastic interview with WWE Superstar The Miz. Apparently one of The Miz’ dreams is to go one-on-one with The Great One, Dwayne Johnson (the wrestler formerly known as The Rock). The Miz said:
I think he’s too much of a girl now. He’s no longer The Rock, he’s Dwayne Johnson. ‘I’m Dwayne Johnson [in his best girlie voice].’ I think now that he’s Dwayne Johnson, I can take him. He’s skinny. He’s like a toothpick. He’s what, 150 pounds soaking wet?
Okay, The Miz was partially in character when he made those comments. Anyone that’s in the business has to respect what The Rock accomplished in the “Attitude Era”. I know some of you don’t like The Miz, but I find him thoroughly entertaining. While I wouldn’t be too excited about an in-ring confrontation, the mic exchanges between The Rock and The Miz would be outstanding. After all, he’s The Miz…and he’s awesome!
– How awesome are the Yankees looking right now? I don’t want to jinx it, but the team’s confidence reminds me of the great Yankee teams of the late ’90s. I was still living in NY when they were snatching up World Series — kind of weird to think that I’ve been watching Jeter, Rivera, and Posada their entire MLB careers.
– I know a lot of you are down on WWE right now, but I really can’t say enough about SmackDown. Jericho is doing his best work ever (though he’s on both shows most weeks) and it’s great seeing future stars like John Morrison and Dolph Ziggler develop. The Harty Dynasty should develop into something good, especially Tyson Kidd. I dig Cryme Tyme, but have to admit I’m biased because Shad Gaspard is geek chick (dude loves his comics!).
– Btw, I was toying with the idea of live blogging RAW on Monday. Anyone interested?
– This Google Wave video of Pulp Fiction just cracks me up. I’ve watched it like ten times in the last day. I haven’t gotten my Wave invite yet, but a few of my friends have…which makes me extremely jealous.