Google has officially announced the Samsung Nexus S, which will be available online and in Best Buy stores on December 16, 2010. This unlocked phone will be the champion product for Google Android 2.3 (Gingerbread). Unlike the previous Google flagship phone — the HTC Nexus One — the Nexus S doesn’t blow the competition away in terms of specs. The Nexus S features:
- 1GHz Hummingbird processor
- 16GB of internal storage
- 4-inch Super AMOLED WVGA touchscreen with curved Contour Display tech
- 5-megapixel camera
- Front-facing VGA camera for video chat
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 2.1
- Software-based noise cancellation
- NFC support
- Anti-fingerprint coating on the display
It looks like a great phone, but it’s not much better than what’s already available. While I’m envious of the front-facing camera and larger screen, the Nexus S doesn’t bring enough to the table to make me want to give up my HTC G2 (especially with T-Mobile’s WiFi calling and HSPA+ network speed).
Check out the additional video and let me know what you think of the Nexus S (please)!