– I received the Wrestlemania 24and Wrestlemania 25 Blu-ray discs. Between videogames and the World Series, I won’t have time to watch the entire cards, but I sure as hell am going to watch the Shawn Michaels matches from each event. HBK/Flair was a brilliant, emotional match that excelled in the storytelling department. HBK/Undertaker was one of the best matches I’ve seen in the last decade.
– Speaking of HBK, what a remarkable career he’s had — especially the second half. I never bought into the “boyhood dream” and I only started really enjoying his matches just before his first hiatus. Since his comeback from back surgery, it’s crazy how good he has been. While he can’t do some of things he used to in his younger days, his storytelling and psychology are the best they’ve ever been. Plus, nobody sells moves as good as Shawn does these days.
– I’m still wondering why the hell R-Truth is on the cover of the WrestleMania 25 box. What’s up?
– I’m disappointed in the Motorola Droid. It’s almost the phone I want, but falls short in one key area: the keyboard. By most accounts, the Droid is twice as fast as any other Android phone on the market. The screen is brilliant. It’s currently the only phone rocking Android 2.0. But the keyboard falls short. *sigh* I guess I’ll be sticking with my BlackBerry 8900 and iPhone 3GS combo for a while longer.
– If you haven’t voted for Mike Capps for North Carolina tech executive of the year, please do. He’s a great guy that’s president of one of the best companies in gaming. Halloween is the last day to vote, so show North Carolina that gamers rule!
– Pedro Martinez was excellent for six innings in game two of the World Series. I’ve really enjoyed watching him pitch since his velocity has gone down. He’s so smart and crafty. It’s rare to see a fireballer transition into a cerebral pitcher, but Pedro has done it. Plus, I’m pretty sure he uses Soul Glo from Coming to America.
– It looks like “Ferocious” Fernando Vargas is returning to the ring against Hector Camacho, Jr. I hope he doesn’t get hurt. The dude sounds punchy in interviews and he has weighed as much as 250 lbs. This is not good for a fighter that used to campaign at 154. If you’ve watched Vargas fight then you know that he has more heart than brains. This could end poorly….
– Happy Halloween!!!