Here are NPD Group’s console software sales figures for February 2010 (sorry for the lateness!). Along with the usual Nintendo sales, there were some pleasant surprises that should make every hardcore gamer happy.
- BioShock 2 (Xbox 360: 562,900
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Wii): 555,600
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Xbox 360): 314,300
- Just Dance (Wii): 275,400
- Wii Sports Resort (Wii): 272,500
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfware 2 (PlayStation 3): 252,800
- Mass Effect 2 (Xbox 360) 246,500
- Dante’s Inferno (PlayStation 3): 242,500
- Dante’s Inferno (Xbox 360): 224,700
- Heavy Rain (PlayStation 3): 219,300
I’m thrilled that BioShock 2 snagged the top spot in February. I’m even more thrilled that Heavy Rain managed to crack the top 10, despite being released at the end of the month. As you can imagine, seeing a BioWare game on the list makes me happy (duh). It’s also cool to see a new IP like Dante’s Inferno make the cut. Last month I was surprised that Just Dance made the list, but a lot of people in the business play it (to my astonishment). One game designer I know shocked me at GDC when he said that he plays it for at least an hour a day.
Now’s the important part — let me know what you think of NPD Group’s top 10 games of February 2010. Anything surprise you?