It’s time for NPD Group’s sales figures! It’s the second month of neutered NPD numbers (*sniff* *sniff*) and I miss the flame wars the old numbers started. That said, the game sales data is still interesting. Let’s have a look!
- NBA 2K11 (Take-Two Interactive, Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, PSP, Wii, PC)
- Fallout: New Vegas (Bethesda Softworks, Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
- Medal of Honor (Electronic Arts, Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
- Fable III (Microsoft, Xbox 360)
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (LucasArts, Xbox 360, PS3, WII, PC, NDS)
- Halo: Reach (Microsoft, Xbox 360)
- Just Dance 2 (Ubisoft, Wii)
- FIFA Soccer 11 (Electronic Arts, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, PS2, PSP, NDS, PC)
- Madden NFL 11 (Electronic Arts, Xbox 360, PS3, WII, PS2, PSP)
- WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 (THQ, PS3, Xbox 360, PS2, WII, PSP)
I’m said that more people didn’t buy SmackDown vs. Raw. The people need games with superior writing and that game has the best writing (of any kind) of 2010. Combining platforms and market saturation have changed the way the top 10 has looked for the last few years — way fewer Wii exclusives on the list. I’m surprised and pleased that NBA 2K11 and Fallout topped the list. Not that those games were release by “small” publishers, but it’s good for the business when Acitivsion and EA aren’t completely dominating the scene.
What do you think of October’s numbers? Any surprises for you?