NPD Group has released its console software sales information for December 2009. What were the big holiday games? Let’s find out!
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Wii): 2,820,000
- Wii Fit Plus (Wii): 2,410,000
- Wii Sports Resort (Wii): 1,790,000
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Xbox 360): 1,630,000
- Call of Duty: Moden Warfare 2 (PlayStation 3): 1,120,000
- Wii Play (Wii): 1,010,000
- Mario Kart Wii (Wii): 936,1000
- Assassin’s Creed II (Xbox 3600: 783,100
- Left 4 Dead 2 (Xbox 360): 728,500
- Mario & Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story (Nintendo DS): 656,700
As my favorite Irish bartender in New York would say, “Jaysus Christ!” I know a lot of you are Nintendo haters, but look at those numbers. Wouldn’t you love to have stock in the company?!? Ridiculous.
In other news, Activision continued its success with Modern Warfare 2 and Ubi posted some nice numbers with Assassin’s Creed II. Still, it’s hard to look at the list and not be floored by Nintendo’s performance.
Now kindly chanel your inner Michael Pachter and analyze this (please)!