NPD Group has released its console software sales information for October 2009. The month pretty much went as expected with Sony’s Uncharted 2 and Nintendo’s Wii Fit Plus leading the way. There was one very pleasant surprise in October. Check out the list and see for yourself.
- Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3): 537,000
- Wii Fit Plus (Wii): 441,000
- Borderlands (Xbox 360): 418,000
- Wii Sports Resort (Wii): 314,000
- NBA 2K10 (Xbox 360): 311,000
- Halo 3 ODST (Xbox 360): 271,000
- NBA 2K10 (PS3): 213,000
- Forza Motorsport 3 (Xbox 360): 175,000
- Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (DS): 169,000
- FIFA Soccer 10 (Xbox 360): 156,000
Borderlands did way better than most people were expecting. Sandwiched between ODST and Modern Warfare 2, most people — including renowned analyst Michael Pachter — thought that the game was going to take a pounding. Instead, it sold very well. This makes me happy on several levels. It’s completely immature, but I love it when Pachter is wrong. More importantly, I’m thrilled for Gearbox’s success. Well done guys!
Anything on October’s NPD software list surprise you?