– How awesome are the Yankees looking right now? I don’t want to jinx it, but the team’s confidence reminds me of the great Yankee teams of the late ’90s. I was still living in NY when they were snatching up World Series — kind of weird to think that I’ve been watching Jeter, Rivera, and Posada their entire MLB careers.
– I know a lot of you are down on WWE right now, but I really can’t say enough about SmackDown. Jericho is doing his best work ever (though he’s on both shows most weeks) and it’s great seeing future stars like John Morrison and Dolph Ziggler develop. The Harty Dynasty should develop into something good, especially Tyson Kidd. I dig Cryme Tyme, but have to admit I’m biased because Shad Gaspard is geek chick (dude loves his comics!).
– Btw, I was toying with the idea of live blogging RAW on Monday. Anyone interested?
– This Google Wave video of Pulp Fiction just cracks me up. I’ve watched it like ten times in the last day. I haven’t gotten my Wave invite yet, but a few of my friends have…which makes me extremely jealous.
– Boxing fans, don’t forget that Showtime’s “Super Six” tournament starts today! The pugilists involved in this round-robin tourney are Mikkel Kessler, Arthur Abraham, Jermain Taylor, Andrew Ward, Carl Froch, and Andre Dirrell. I love boxing, but its problems with sanctioning bodies and promoters have truly screwed the sport’s prominence. I’m amazed that Showtime was able to pull this off.
– T-Mobile’s Motorola Cliq, featuring Google Android, has been getting some decent reviews. After the amazing success of the RAZR, Motorola has become something of a joke in the mobile world. The Cliq might be the start of its comeback…or it might be too little too late. Personally, I’m waiting for an Android phone that uses a strong processor…or an iPhone that doesn’t run on AT&T (a keyboard would be nice too!)
That’s enough of my ranting! What’s on your mind this Saturday?