The dashing Jose “Fubar” Sanchez from Electric Playground joined me on RPadTV 3000 to talk about the 2022 WWE Royal Rumble. This year’s edition was a bit strange. People love the Royal Rumble for the surprise entrants, but WWE revealed many of the “surprises” beforehand. Additionally, the dirt sheets did a great job of revealing the returning talent, so many hardcore fans weren’t surprised at all.
Internet fans seem to be down on the 2022 WWE Royal Rumble, calling it predictable and boring. Personally, I didn’t think it was as bad as many people on Twitter have said. I enjoyed five of the six matches. That said, it certainly wasn’t as good as recent Royal Rumbles and there were certain “Superstars” that should never be in a WWE ring again (Shane McMahon, Brie Bella, Nikki Bella, etc.).
For people that just want the results, here you go:
- Seth Rollins defeated Roman Reigns via disqualification (Reigns retains the WWE Universal Championship)
- Ronda Rousey won the women’s Royal Rumble
- Becky Lynch defeated Doudrop via pinfall to retain the Raw Women’s Championship
- Bobby Lashley defeated Brock Lesnar via pinfall to win the WWE Championship
- Edge and Beth Phoenix defeated The Miz and Maryse via pinfall
- Brock Lesnar won the men’s Royal Rumble
Again, this wasn’t the greatest card in the world, but I was entertained to various degrees by every match, except for the Edge and Beth Phoenix vs. The Miz and Maryse bout that nobody asked for.
Anyway, check out the video above to hear what Fubar and I had to say about the 2022 WWE Royal Rumble, as well as the goofy sh*t we normally say. As always, I’d love to hear your thoughts on the WWE’s second
premium live event pay-per-view of 2022. Kindly share your feelings in the comments section when you have a chance.