– I watched my Star Trek Blu-ray last night. It’s such a great movie. Unfortunately, I missed it when it was still showing in theaters and only saw it in September on my way to Tokyo. I guess it doesn’t matter though, since I enjoyed the characterization and dialogue more than the special effects. It’s definitely one of my favorite movies of 2009, but I have to wonder how it plays to younger people that haven’t seen the old shows and movies.
– It’s such an interesting time in the WWE right now. Established headliners like Shawn Michaels, The Undertaker, and Triple H only have a few years left. This leaves the younger main-event players like Edge and Randy Orton waiting for some new dance partners. The WWE has been pushing The Miz, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, and Kofi Kingston successfully. Seamus and Drew McIntyre have been getting decent pushes as well. I’m especially high on Ziggler and Morrison. Do any of these guys stand out to you? Do you see any of them headlining WrestleMania in 2015?
– According to ESPN’s Keith Law, Nick Johnson is the 13th best free agent in Major League Baseball. Really?!? The market must really suck this year.
– The last episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm totally cracked me up. I loved the “It’s not an eye for a lesser eye!” conversation. I can’t wait for the season finale. On another HBO note, is Entourage over?
– As much as I can’t wait for Manny Pacquiao to face off against Floyd Mayweather, Jr., part of me doesn’t want the fight to happen. I don’t see how Pacquiao can win. A Floyd victory would just add to the man’s insufferable ego. He’s a brilliant talent, but he’s also a piece of sh*t. Plus, he can’t touch Manny’s karaoke skills.