Here’s a video that takes the Ned Stark vs. Jamie Lannister fight from Game of Thrones season one and adds lightsabers! As you know, lightsabers make everything better. Naturally, this fight scene is more thrilling thank to Jedi weapons. While it’s not as slick fun as The Princess Bride with lightsabers, it’s a fine video nonetheless.
College Humor has a done it again with this classic Game of Thrones Season 2 spoof RPG. It’s cute, clever, and awesome! The Battle of Blackwater, Cersei’s drunkenness, and Dany’s search for her dragons are given a hilarious eight-bit twist in this video. Check it out and let me know what you think (please)!
HBO recently posted a teaser video for Game of Thrones: Season 2. As a mark for the show and the books, of course I think it’s awesome. I so can’t wait for the next season! Check out the teaser and let me know what you think (please!). Are you ready for the new season of Game of Thrones and more nude scenes featuring Daenerys?
Let’s celebrate the release of George R.R. Martin’s A Dance with Dragons by listening to these three awesome performances of the intro to Game of Thrones. First up is a slick acoustic mix. Next is a classical performance using acoustic and electric violin sounds. Capping it off is a rock version featuring heavy drums and electric guitar.
If you have a chance to listen to all three tracks, please let me know which one is your favorite. Thanks to Joey and Parisi for sharing these on Google+!
What did you ladies and gents think of last night’s Game of Thrones season one finale? How about the season as a whole? As for me, I absolutely loved it. The show was the sweetest television surprise of 2011. For years I’ve been listening to several friends rave about the books. The series made me start reading them. Although there are significant changes and alterations in the TV adaptation, I still love the show.
Now here are some random thoughts on the finale and season one. Spoilers ahead!
– I keep watching the scene where Samwell gets clipped by the tree while chasing after Jon on a horse. His girlish scream cracks me up.
– My friend that has only watched two episodes came over for the finale last night. In the closing scene I commented on how cute the dragons looked. He was wondering why I was focusing on the dragons instead of naked Daenerys. She’s been naked so many times in the series that this bit of nudity was lost on me. She looked super cute though…but I want a baby dragon!
– The actor that plays Tywin Lannister is cool, but I keep seeing him as the villain in Last Action Hero. He will always be that guy to me, similar to how Bill Pullman will always be Lonestar and Lou Diamond Phillips will always be La Bamba.
– One thing I didn’t like was clearly stating that Renly and Loras were lovers. In the books it’s implied somewhat subtly. In the show the pair have a manscaping and fellatio scene. In some ways it reminded me of how heavy-handed the Watchmen movie was — as if the director thought viewers were too stupid to pick up the subtleties of the comics. I’d like to think that people are smarter than that…but I have been wrong before.
– For me, Tyrion Lannister was the star of season one. Peter Dinklage did a marvelous job conveying the complexities of the character. He’s funny, vulnerable, capable, unsure, wise, a drunk, and a whore monger all at the same time. He has so many of the best lines in the series. Explaining his fondness for “cripples, bastards, and broken things” and telling Shagga son of Dolf how he envisions dying are two examples of two very different ways Dinklage masterfully entertained.
– The relationship between Khal Drogo and Daenerys starts off very differently in the books. Part of me wants to think it was changed due to time constraints, but part of me believes it was changed because of that whole “director/writer thinks viewers are too stupid” thing. In the show it seemed like Dany went from being raped to being in love way too quickly.
– Kit Harrington is doing a good job playing Jon Snow, but in my head the character is better looking. Considering his true lineage — or the one that many readers are guessing — he should be studly.
– Grand Maester Pycelle’s calisthenics scene in the finale seemed completely unnecessary to me.
– Varys is probably the only character I’m really disappointed with. Conleth Hill is doing a great job portraying him as a shifty bastard with questionable allegiances, but I miss the whole master-of-disguise thing from the books.
Anyway, that’s enough random thoughts from me. Kindly share some of your own. I’d love to hear what you have to say about Game of Thrones season one.
Master thespian Sean Bean (Ned Stark in Game of Thrones, Boromir in The Lord of the Rings) was recently stabbed in a bar fight protecting the honor of his lady. According to Perez Hilton, Bean was out with Playboy bunny April Summers (hot photo below!) when a drunken patron insulted her. The ensuing scuffle led to Bean being stabbed in the arm with a shard of broken glass. Now here’s the completely cool part:
However, he ultimately REFUSED medical attention, and merely borrowed the bar’s first aid kit, and then ORDERED ANOTHER DRINK!
Ned Stark is my hero…for the reasons above and below.
In a brilliant promo, HBO will let its HBO Go customers see two new episodes of Game of Thrones this coming Sunday, instead of one. The first episode will be available on television and HBO Go streaming, while the second episode will be an HBO Go exclusive for one week. HBO Go has been getting rave reviews and the app — available on Android and iOS — has already been downloaded one-million times. A promo that combines the app with one of HBO’s hottest shows will surely be a success.
Unfortunately for me, my crap bag cable provider — Time Warner Cable — does not allow its customers to use HBO Go. I’d love to watch two new episodes of Game of Thrones on Sunday, but Time Warner is denying its customers an excellent HBO service and my building isn’t wired for AT&T U-Verse or satellite.
I’ve been incredibly satisfied with streaming movies and television on my iPad 2. Netflix, Crackle, and the Time Warner Cable app have been great. I’m so bummed that I won’t be able to take advantage of this Game of Thrones promotion (unless Time Warner Cable removes its head from its ass this week).
Any of you using HBO Go? Are you happy with the app and service? Are you psyched for the Game of Thrones promo?
My nerd friends were jazzed about the premiere of Game of Thrones, the HBO series based on George R.R. Martin’s books. I haven’t read the books yet (I really want to), so the TV series doesn’t mean as much to me as it does to several of my friends. As a newb, I found the show interesting, though the amount of characters was a little intimidating. Still, Sean Bean is cool (partially because he looks like Triple H) and that Daenerys chick has perky boobs. I’d like to see more Bean and boobs.
Any of you catch the show? What did you think?